1. Any e-mail message received from any employee, officer, director and / or contractor of TAU SPACE (Proprietary) Limited (“TAUSPACE”), including any attachments thereto (the “e-mail message”), is subject to the notice and disclaimer as set-out herein.
2. The Disclaimer forms part of the content of the e-mail message in terms of section 11 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 25 of 2002.
3. The information contained in the e-mail message is confidential and is solely intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed (the “intended recipient”) and may contain private, confidential, proprietary and/or privileged material and may be subject to confidentiality agreements. Access to the e-mail message by everyone else is unauthorised. If the recipient hereof is not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, retransmission or dissemination, or any other use of or taking of any action or any omission in reliance upon the e-mail message is prohibited and unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail message (or a person responsible for delivering the e-mail message to its intended recipient), please contact the sender hereof and delete the e-mail message from all storage media. You may not disclose, distribute, copy or retain it or any part thereof.
4. E-mail messages are not necessarily secure and no liability or responsibility is accepted if information or data is, for whatever reason, corrupted or does not reach its intended recipient or is incomplete, intercepted, lost or destroyed. TAUSPACE shall not be liable for the proper, complete transmission of the information contained in the e-mail message, for any delay in its receipt or for any viruses contained herein. No warranty is given that the e-mail message is free of viruses.
5. The views expressed in the e-mail message are, unless otherwise stated, those of the author hereof and does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of TAUSPACE, its management, officers or directors. No warranties of any nature whatsoever are made or implied that any employee and/or contractor of TAUSPACE was authorised to create and send the e-mail message. The e-mail message does not in any way whatsoever imply or convey any authority to contract on behalf of TAUSPACE and does not in any way whatsoever represent a formal agreement or offer for such purposes on behalf of TAUSPACE or its employees and/or subcontractors and no agreement with TAUSPACE shall be of any force of effect or enforceable unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised signatory of TAUSPACE.
6. TAUSPACE shall be deemed to have (a) sent an e-mail message once reflected as “sent” in the log files on TAUSPACE’s mail servers and (b) received once a TAUSPACE representative has responded thereto.
Auto replies shall not be deemed a response for the purposes hereof.
7. TAUSPACE reserves the right to monitor, filter, view, intercept and block e-mail messages addressed to its employees, officers, directors, contractors or users or transmitted by same or take any other action in accordance with its electronic communications policy.
8. Under no circumstances whatsoever shall TAUSPACE, its management, officers, directors, employees or the sender of the e-mail message be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive damages, liabilities, losses or claims resulting from the e-mail message or the use of the e-mail message in any way whatsoever.